1. The tradition of painting and decorating Easter eggs dates back to the 18th century when German people emigrated to America and brought their stories.
2. When the German immigrants settled in Pennsylvania, they called the Easter bunny — a hare that laid eggs — “Osterhase” or “Oschter Haws.”
3. The term Easter bunny was not used until 1900.
4. Aside from Halloween, Easter is the best candy-selling holiday.
5. Chocolate Easter bunnies became popular in the 1890s and also come from Germany. The first was displayed in a drugstore by Robert L. Strohecker and stood at five feet tall